Thursday, November 08, 2007

We are back in NYC again. I love this town. The energy in the crowd is unmatchable to any of our other shows. This was what I was looking forward to most, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. We played last night at Cake Shop, which is a really cool venue, where they actually sell cake. Faith was very excited about this. She has been talking about eating cake for about a week. I haven't asked if the cake lived up to the hype, but I am pretty sure it did.

Michael made it out for this show, it is so amazing to see him again! We have only been gone two weeks, but seeing him again only makes me realize how much I miss him when I am on the road. A few of his friends from high school came to the show, as well as some of his family, which made the night especially fun. At the end of the evening, we saw a pretty intoxicated man get onto his scooter to drive home, and full on pass out and face plant it into the street. It was pretty scary for a few minutes...seeing him all contorted on the street, not knowing if he had broken his neck or not. He finally came too, as faith was clapping in his face to wake him up, and me rubbing his hands to see if he had movement in his limbs and about 10 other people around him on cell phones trying to get help. I was impressed with how quickly people came to his aid. As the paramedics arrived we decided to get something to eat, since our van was pretty much gridlocked behind the action. We walked a block away, where the whole street was blocked off to film a movie. Michael was looking for Jack Nicholson, convinced that it was a movie with him as the star...we didn't see any actors, just a bunch of best boys and key grips running around looking stressed out. This city isn't lacking for action, and we saw our fair share last night.

No comments: