Sunday, November 04, 2007

Outside of being able to play music to the masses, one of the most beautiful things about being on the road is the chance to visit friends and family. Now that we are on the eastern half of the country, every night we have had the opportunity to stay with the people we love. We started in Pittsburgh, where I had the chance to see one of my favorite people in the world, my friend Nate. We stayed at his new home, with wife Laura and daughter Ava. It was a beautiful sunny day, a perfect way to see the city. Unfortunately, the show wasn't a pleasurable experience, but the trip was worthwhile, just to see Nate and his family. We had been warned by our friends in Tartufi, that Garfield Artworks was an "interesting" place and that we should reconsider playing there. We decided to go for it in light of their warnings. I won't go into detail about the evening, it is a little too depressing, but I will sum it up by what the owner said to me as we were loading our gear into the gallery..."pittsburgh doesn't have any sort of a music scene. It is hard to get people to come out here..." or something along those lines. We should have just packed up our stuff and taken off at that point. Good times.

After Pittsburgh, we drove to New Jersey, where we stayed with Faith's step-mom, Sharon. It was nice to have the evening off where we could relax and watch TV, an episode of "most haunted", pure genius! If you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend it. I don't know if it is supposed to be a comedy, but it was one of the funniest things I have seen on TV in a long time. The next morning we got up and did a little yoga and took off for New Haven, Connecticut, for our show Saturday Night. It was great to finally play to a crowd again. We had a great response, but the night was special to me because my sister and brother-in-law and their sons came to see us play.

Tonight we are at my brother-in-law, Russel's apartment with his dog, Frog in NYC. We decided to cancel our show tonight after watching the first act of the evening. There wasn't anyone in the club other than the other bands and staff, and honestly, I wasn't in the mood for busting our arses loading and unloading gear to play to another empty room. We took the night off to experience NYC. We spent the night walking around the East Village to window shop and find a bite to eat. It was a wonderful evening! Now that we are back in Russ's apartment, we notice Russ lighting matches every five minutes to clear the air. Apparently, Frog ate too many treats while he was away this weekend. The evening will be filled with lighting matches every five minutes to clear the air of Frog's flatulence.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you're covering a lot of ground! I'm doing what I can to bring people to your show here in DC. I promise you won't have to light any matches here either.

Unknown said...

It sucks that we just missed you in NYC.