Monday, November 12, 2007



Taxation without representation. We had two days to indulge in DC. This was exciting for me because I hadn't seen the sights since I was in 8th grade and took a field trip with my class to the Capitol. My memories from that trip are blurred at best, so it was great to have a guided tour from my friend Max, who has lived there for a few years.

When we got to town, Max took us to an amazing Mexican restaurant, where it all started to go downhill. I had one margarita too many, and the next day I woke up sounding like Barry White. I didn't know my voice could hit those low notes. Not very becoming for a female, and especially not too attractive for my music. It didn't stop us from wandering around DC to look at the sights, in pretty nippy weather.

That evening, we played at the Red and the Black, which is a pretty cool club. The room is small but has a really nice vibe to it. It was a saturday night show, so the room was pretty full...the most attended show we have had on this tour....and then, mid-set, I lost my voice. I went from sounding like Barry white to Peter Brady going through "the change". It was very frustrating and unfortunate, but a fun night and visit to DC nonetheless.

We cancelled our show in Greensboro and Ashville NC in the hopes that I get my pipes back. Our next show is in Dallas tomorrow night.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was great to see you Barb and to meet Faith too! I miss you both and hope the rest of your tour goes well.

Trentalange said...

Thanks Max! We made it to Memphis TN tonight after a beautiful day of driving. NC is amazingly beautiful. It is also really warm in the south! YAY!

Unknown said...

Looking pretty sexy in your Davie Crockett hat!