Wednesday, October 31, 2007



Happy Halloween! We played a show last night at Reggie's in Chicago. Reggie's is a pretty cool club, with two sides to it, so even more bands can play in one evening. It is almost like a music festival every night! It makes total sense, since we ended up playing to 4 people that actually ventured out on a tuesday evening (two being my brother and friend Ben from HS) and of course there were the other bands and staff. I mean, they do need all that space to accommodate all those people. We probably totaled 10 people watching us shred! As we were playing, there was a metal band playing next door, which created some nice ambiance between songs.

Even though this scenario would be brutal to most touring (or local) bands, it was a good night for me. I was excited that everything went off without a hitch, all things considered. I don't think I mentioned that in Kansas City, the worst possible scenario happened when we were on stage. Something with my computer started acting funny and mid-way through a song, the backing track triggers stopped working. It took about 15 minutes to re-boot and get things back online, while Faith had to entertain the audience with as much banter she could think of. We got back online, and then about 2 minutes into the next song...CRASH. WTF?!? Turns out, it wasn't my computer at all, we were plugged into a faulty power source and it was tweaking ALL MY GEAR! We plugged into a different receptacle, but the damage was done. We lost all our mojo. I was really concerned that my gear would be permanently effected. SO, last night, went perfectly well, both with our performance and the gear still works great. I think we made those 4 people very happy. Thank goodness!

So happy today is Halloween. I wish we had a show, but my friend Ben is Djing a party that will be fun to check out. Happy Halloween to all!

2 comments:

Lou Cuevas said...

Nice hat, kit kat !
Although your niece looks a little concerned.
Can't wait to catch your band back in Seattle someday.

lou

Unknown said...

I can't believe your equipment died! Better it happened early on the tour. Maybe you can do an acoustic show sometime and just do hand puppets on the wall behind you.